In the spirit of end of 2013 lists I wanted to share with you my top 10 tips to help your business succeed in 2014. They’re TINY because I know time is limited….and the less to read the better! SO, here goes!
- Get your website in order. It should be easy to navigate. Don’t make people work for it!
- Figure out what your business/you stand for. ie. are you upscale and chic or friendly and knowledgeable.
- Talk to potential clients about what you can do for THEM. It’s all about them, not you!
- Implement basic SEO on your website. Help potential clients find you more easily.
- Track, track, track! Use Google Analytics to track your website info and help make every thing you do even better.
- Use words your clients use, not jargon. ie. Instead of “RMT”, say “Massage Therapist”. Instead of “vestibular disorder” use “vertigo”.
- Be inclusive. You never know where a connection or business will come from. (and it’s good in life too!)
- Have a marketing plan. If you know where you’re going you’re more likely to get there, and waste way less time!
- Pick fewer social media and do a better job using them.
- If you really dislike doing something (ie. Marketing!) outsource it as soon as you can.
If you want a little help getting your business to the next level, check out this Small Business Marketing Workshop in Toronto. (with an early-bird signup before Jan 16)
For more tips directly to your inbox sign up for my super-useful small business marketing newsletter.
Feel free to add your own tip for small business success below…..and best of luck in 2014!!